Friday, April 21, 2006

No Lois lane


Kid- Hey do you mind if I interview you?

Me- No

Kid- Great, so erm I'm in a Magic Store and these tricks are quite expensive aren't they?

Me- Don't you want to know what my name is?

Kid- Sorry, what is your name sir?

Me- Dean

Kid- So Dean, This magic is very expensive isn't it?

Me- How many other magic shops have you been in?

Kid- None

Me- So what are you basing your information on?

Kid- Ok I've been in loads of magic shops

Me- Ok what's the question then?

Kid- Well why are these little things so expensive..I mean they are not like big magic props are they?

Me- How do you know it's expensive?

Kid- Well it is

Me- What are your jounalistic sources?

Kid- School

Me- Just a sec

I walk away to attend to a customer

Kid (into a small microphone he has on the top of his i Pod.) Well he is talking to someone else now.....

Kids friends- Come on.

They leave and the guy who I am attending to buys $259 worth of Magic and Magic related products because I have all my speel worked out to a tea.

What can we learn from this as performers. Know your script and the rest of it will take care of itself. if you are not stuck for words then you won't be stuck for confidence. There is nothing worse than a messy, stuttery, delivery to make the rst of it look weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home