Friday, June 23, 2006

The Name is Ridiculous as There are Rarely Any Nuts Involved.


Those two crazy candy addicts I was telling you about brought me in a Krispy Kreme doghnut today. They brought in six dozen in fact. Apparently they have been cueing outside the new outlet since February 1985 and finally got to buy some of that holey (or not sometimes)sweet boxed goodness today. I had the Original Glaze which I have to tell you was pretty great. The Candy Man was telling me how Australian doughnut eaters wouldn't know a good doughnut if it came along and ate THEM. Wheras many barbituate addicts know what that feels like, the best that the rest of us can do is get ourselves along to Krispy Kreme at Fountain Gate shopping centre, cue up for a few weeks and grab ourselves a sample of the way these things SHOULD infact taste. From what I can gather the 7-11 just doesn't cut it.

Having sung all those praises the best doughnuts I ever had were in Greece when I was on a family holiday there about 15 years ago, about the length of time it takes to get served at Krispy Kreme. One thing KK (Oh there is almost an Urban Myth/Conspiracy Theory looming with that abreviation...either that or it's just a convinient way of saying OK on MSN) does have in common with those holiday DN's I was telling you about is that they are both made in grease. Trez Lolism

Kremecrest out.

P.S upon arriving home tonight and sitting down with the paper it seems that the Age does not share my enthusiasm of the Krispy Kreme franchise. The article is interesting and i do agree with most of it but I don't think that the author Tony Cutliffe really has a handle over how to handle the argument of nutrition. Tony makes a point of letting us know that one Krispy Kreme unit is the equivilent to 20% our normal daily intake of calories. This may be true but it is not by any means cutting edge journalism. Come on guys, Krispy Kreme are not the only culprits in the war against healthy nutrition and in any case I spent most of the day thinking that the 200Kcal per regular doughnut was pretty reasonable in the larger scheme of the day. Tony's specifications are also based upon the calories required by the body at rest not taking into any account the factor of excersise. Maybe in so doing he himself is encouraging a stagnent lifestyle. I walked off my Krispy Kreme at on my lunchtime walk to Pollywoodside and back so who's laughing now Tony Cutliffe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are insane....This guy's Taint

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news about Krispy Kreme

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home