Sunday, June 18, 2006

Cash Flash


I have been performing a trick for about three months now that I call 'Cash Flash'

I developed it about a year ago and have been finely tuning it on a regular basis for most of that time. Performing it every now and then for the first nine months and currently belting it out all the time. It is Trez commercial and visual. That's kind of where I am at with my magic right now.

It's a great routine. Flash Paper, borrowed money, loosing borrowed money, comedy, a plastic thumb, a plastic tube, a nice silver Zippo....Ohhh lovely.

The thing is I always figured that 'The $100 Bill' switch would go great guns in there somewhere. Trouble was, up until about a week ago I had never bothered to learn it. Well the time finally came and I have to tell you that I am SOOOO glad that I have added this move to my repertoire. How dod I ever live without this move for so long. What I am very surprised about however is how easy it was to perfect. I thought it was going to be dead hard, expecially with our wonderful plastic currency.

I won't be explaining 'Cash Flash' here. It's just too good. I have shown it to a couple of magicians but luckily for me there not the sort of bloodsuckers who would lift anything.

Interestingly enough the routione also has an extended version which climaxes with a Knife through coat. Along the way there is also the vanish of a watch. I have been using this version in my stand up act recently. The most recent time being at a gig last saturday night. BTW speaking of that gig it was one of the best times I have had performing magic for ages. For a lovely lad named Aarron who was celebrating his 21st Birthday. I had been booked by his charming girlfriend Rae. They had a great bunch of young friends who were a terrific audience. I know that the two of them have looked in on this blog from time to time so if your reading this, thanks for a great night you two.

As fro the rest of you. LEARN THE $100 BILL SWITCH!!! It's your friend! Actually you know what DON'T learn it. Forget you ever read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home