Sunday, April 23, 2006

More Magic Influences

Speaking of magic influences that have nothing to do with magic the primary candidate for this in my life is my parents. You hear many stories of performers who only got where they were by rebelling against their parents but I think you will find that most people in the arts love and owe everything they have achieved to Mum and Dad.

Dave and Joan or as the Americans call them Mam and Dad have always been there in thi scapacity for me. The number of times I hear kids say that their parents disaprove of their interest in magic absolutely stuns me. Some of the kids who come into The Magic Store say this all the time. One kids Father actually stopped him from doing magic altogether and banned him fro visiting our Store because he felt it was not good for school work. WHATS GOING ON WITH THESE (as my good friend and Battlestar Galactacca star James Callis would say) SHMERILLS!?

How can a parent ban his or her son or daughter form doing blooming magic??? I don't get it.

In the meantime I'll teach my girls the Cups and Balls and any other magic trick they want to learn. I will also thank my lucky stars that Mam and Dad had their heads screwed on and loved and supported me no matter what I said I wanted to do with my life.

Love
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home