Saturday, April 22, 2006

Magic Influences.


why do magic influences need to be people who also did magic. Pishaw and zounds to that madam!.

This is My Uncle Don who after a rather fruitful career kicking a ball around a field decided to open a hotel on the outskirts of Nottingham. Underneath this hotel in a Nick Morton style secret world was a quaint little bar. This was the VERY first place (18 years ago) that I first did close- up magic for real people with real reactions. Some of the routines I developed down there as a kid are still in my repertoire today. 'The Knife Through Jacket Surprise' being just one. My Uncle Don was always pushy to get me to perform in his bar. It was HIS bar, he was famous, It had loads of his old jerseys on the wall, people came to see him and yet he always sold me as the center of attention when I was there.

Love
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home