Friday, February 23, 2007

Push

You loose a selected card in the deck and say "If I press the top card on to the table and wait five seconds. 1 2 3 4 5 YOur card completely vanishes (you don't show this yet so it's funny) and then I continue to cound to ten 6 7 8 9 10 the card re appears after having changed into your signed card"

You then repeat this under the specs hand and ask them if they can feel the moment at which the card vanishes and re-appears.

You lose a selected card again and say "you're probably wondering how this happens?. And also if I'm telling the truth about the card vanishing and coming back. Well first I press the different card really hard and it vanishes" with this you press another X card on to the tablebut this time SHOW that it has gone. "When it comes back it has turned into your card . You don't see the bit where it vanishes usually because I keep my hand over the spot until the right time"

With that you press your empty hand over the spot again and the selection appears.

I have a method for this and it plays realy well. Thouht you might like to muck around with the effect seffect for yourslef. In case you're interested my methosd uses four moves.

1 A control. Thios has to be one that uses no cutting or shuffling for the effect (that I am going for) to really work.

2 A double lift

3 A one handed top palm

4 A rub away vanish

I should point out here that these are the only moves I use in professional work with cards full stop.....with the possible exception of some Tenkai work, a Top Change and a reverse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dean,

I like this, but see one problem. IT's very clean up until you make the selected card re-appear on the table. Prior to that you've done the rub-away vanish with the deck held in, say, the left hand. Then you have to switch the deck into the right hand, do the one handed top palm, then place the right hand down on the table again. At this stage it's SUPPOSED to be empty. Seems to me that it would be difficult to get away with this last bit. Unless they are reacting strongly enough to the rub-away vanish. Maybe that's it! Unfortunately I can't try it myself, my one-handed top palm just isn't good enough. Nice thinking though, stick with it. I'd love to see you do it for some lay folks. Must call into the Store some time.

Cheers,
DJ

10:10 AM  
Blogger Dean Atkinson said...

Hi David

You are quite correct. This is a problem I also ran into with this one.

What I do is this. As I transfer the deck I use my left first finger to point to the spot where the card used to be and say

"maybe it's still there you just cant see it"

This serves as misdirection enough to cover the palm...at least in the number of times I have tried the effect so far. That's about ten times.

Time will tell on this. Luckily I consider the One Hand Top Palm as my best move so I am able to get away with stuff like this.

Good to see you posting. Back in the old MSF days we never saw you.

D

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home