Friday, October 27, 2006

Why You Shouldn't Drink Alcohol In A Public Park


Even at a BBQ I say don't do it. I say have your BBQ party in the yard, if you want to drink grog. But this post is not really about the issue of drinking during organized park events, or even about winos who have no choice. It's about Dads right? Just regular Dads like me who find themselves in the park between about 9 and 10am on a Sunday morning. No need to go down there with a stubbie. No need at all, and yet I still see it weekend in and weekend out. That, Dad in his tracksuit with a stubbie in one hand and half a smoke in the other, image is becoming an all to familiar sight for the girls and me on a Sunday morning.

You don't have to drink a stubbie in the park on a Sunday morning whilst taking your kids out for a play. You bloody play with them, have a good time and then go home and kick back with a stubbie in your yard................please. To be honest I wouldn't even do that as I think it's the wrong message for your own kids. I just don't want my kids to have to see it. I don't want them to have to feel it's normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home