Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Can See Your Lips Moving


I have been away from here learning ventriloquism for the past couple of months. I am getting quite good at it to be honest. The most importrant thing is that I am FULLY and SICKLY into it. I HAVE been for years and did it as a kid all the time. Recently though I decided I was going to indulge all of my comedy and acting skills and learn how to do it on a more serious level. I have invested in some brilliant characters one of whom (Cuddles The Clown) had his debut this week at Monday Magic here in Melbourne.


I admit that the initial idea was to add something very special to my kids shows but I can see this expanding into other areas. Magic Monday to name but one

The lips are pretty good right now and it does come naturally with practice. Loads of people keep telling me it doesn't matter if the lips move and I politely agree. Deep down though I know that it does. It's the msot important thing! Anyone who really thinks that it doesn't mater are either saying it becasue THEY can't do it (like when bad card guys say the pass isn't important) just don't care about it enough to think about the psychology. Moving your lips during vent is like doing the cups and balls without the loads. A recent poll on a vent forumactually polled this question and the first option of "Very Important" came out first on 89 percent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home