Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rancor Keeper

My Nanna Babs sent away for The Rancor Keeper after saving up little tokens from several other toys. It was such an exciting morning when that little package arrived but I had to wait it out the whole day at School before it was brought around to our house that evening.

he came in a little white box with my Nanna name and address printed on a sticker on the Side. What WILL he look like I thought. What WILL he feel like. Such experiences are now felt when waiting on Schoolcraft Coin Gaff or something.

You couldn't get The Rancor Keeper in the shops at that time so it was very very special indeed.

years later (through friends or plays I was in at the time) I had the pleasure of meeting three of the actors who had been in the Original movies. Julian Glover, Ian Mcdiarmid and Paul Brooke the guy who actually played this role in The Return of the Jedi. All three guys were quite open to talking about Star Wars Glover even enjoyed telling me how funny he thought it was that Alec (Guiness) was the only actor who had agreed to take 'Scale' instead of a wage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home