Friday, March 31, 2006

Hustler Before Bedtime


I had planned to post something really important and thought provoking tonight. I started to write this essay based on one of my many magic theories this morning and have been struggling through it for some of the day. Unfortunately it is not ready yet. The reason for this is that I became engrossed in the recent episode of 'Hustle' which my parents sent over from the UK. For anyone who has not seen this show I urge you to try and find some of the previous seasons on DVD. Amazon, I guess, would be a good starting point.

The third season of this drama is currently airing in England and I have to tell you I consider it to be the second best TV show around at the moment. The first is obvious and shame on anyone who does not know what it is. Such people basically do not deserve to own a TV. So what can I say about Hustle other than it is absolutely brilliant. Well it's about con artists and every magician should be able to relate to that right? What else? OK, Every element of this show is perfect.

The writing is outstaning, not just the dialogue mind you but the storylines. This show has Extremely clever plots. The cast is impeccable, in particular Adrian Lester (pictured) who is actually a grad of my old college, LAMDA is fantastic as the' long Con' master Micky Stone. The direction(I think there are different directors throught) is very hip with loads of bits of sureal business.... which I love. Even the opening titles and music have it all.

So there you have it I was going to finish that deep and meaningful post about magic but I got sidetracked by 'Hustle' The post will even have to wait until tomorrow now as I have the new Harry Potter movie to watch on DVD before bedtime.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dean,

Thanks for bringing to my attention that the 3rd series of Hustle is up and running. I love this show (I have both previous series on DVD). It is just the best. I'm currently making the theme music into my phone ring tone as it is just so cool!

Nick

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamal and I have managed to catch a few eps of season 3 and they are fanstatic. I was a little afraid that the show might start to get a bit stale, ala Arrested Developement season 3. Its fabulous though. Definately one of the best shows around.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Dean Atkinson said...

Hi Nick

The music is funky as!

O know what you mean too Sarah. The series seems to be holding up extremely well though doesn't it. I have ep 4 on it's way over in a parcel of Maddie and Violets B day presents as we speak

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home